Friday, September 08, 2006

Just call me sweet polly purebread

It appears from viewing the election results of this past primary day that I, ahem, managed to vote for the losing person in every contest. I always seem to be on the side of the underdog (hence the reference to cartoon Underdog's lady friend). So come November I will literally be picking the lesser of two evils! If my candidates would actually WIN, things would change for the better. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway. But deep down, I think politicians are all the same - different faces but same song & dance.

However, I did manage to be on the winning side for almost all the circuit judge races. Of course I had some help with those picks . . . the managing partner of the law firm I work for, responding to requests from various folks for suggestions for circuit court judge picks, submitted names of folks they liked for the different judgeships. If I never get in trouble with the law, I'll never have to deal with these folks. But if I do, it's nice to know I've picked the "right" folks for the job. ;-)