Tuesday, September 05, 2006

That way I can complain

Today was Primary Day in Florida, as it was in a number of other states. The first day of two this year that we get to decide which candidates seem to have committed the least sins and have the least faults. Because it certainly appears from all the campaign ads here that no candidate running for office has ever done anything GOOD (and they wonder why no one wants to get out and vote).

So we pick the lesser of evils. Yet for those of us who took the time to vote, we got to make a choice. It wasn't forced on us. For those who didn't, you are forced to live with our choices, with whom we have decided your government leaders and judiciary should be.

So I voted today. Because my vote gives me the right to complain about taxes, spending, waste, and corruption for the next several years. Or bestow praise when it's deserved. I hope I will be doing more of the latter.